Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shopping

This Sunday I went shopping in Des Moines. As we pulled out of the driveway to start our 2 hour drive I noticed that the first thing that came to my mind was "where should we eat when we get there". Sadly, I realized that many times when I go somewhere I haven't been in a while the first thing I think about is food. Many people think about the stores they want to go to and what types of things they hope to buy. Losing weight is such a mind game. When your mind is constantly on food it is really hard to train it to think about other things. I remember back in college when I would go shopping somewhere out of town the first thing I would do is stop at a fast food place to start off the special day with a "treat". Now I need to see the "treat" as the new pair of jeans or shirt that I am going to buy and not the sausage, egg, and cheese crossaint at BK. Losing weight is hard, but if you can continually think about the "big picture" it helps a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment