Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced Coffee Anyone?



Today we went out to eat and I went a little overboard with my calorie intake so I decided I would try out this new recipe in my Taste of Home Comfort Diet Food cookbook for my supper.
Turned out pretty good, next time I'm going to use carmel syrup :)

Frappe Mocha
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1/4 C boiling water
1 C skim milk
41/2 tsp chocolate syrup
1/2 cup crushed ice
Whipped topping and additional chocolate syrup, optional

In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.

In a blender, combine milk, chocolate syrup and coffee ice cubes. Cover and process until smooth. Add crushed ice; blend. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Garnish with whipped topping and additional chocolate syrup if desired.

Yield- 2 servings

1 cup (calculated without garnishes) 114 calories, 4 grams fat, 67 mg sodium, 15 g carbs, trace fiber, 4 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment